Principal – Tumuaki– Dunedin Steiner School
We seek an inspirational leader who can work constructively with both our College of Teachers and wider community to lead the school to achieve its strategic vision. The successful applicant will have a deep understanding of Steiner pedagogy as well as the educational frameworks and administrative systems and processes needed to underpin a thriving and effective school.
The Dunedin Steiner School is a state integrated Special Character school. We offer a full Steiner Waldorf curriculum from Playgroup and Kindergarten, through to the end of Intermediate school. The Steiner approach addresses the whole person , intellectually, emotionally, and socially, to develop each student’s innate self-discipline and strength of body and will.
We have a diverse, multicultural student population of over 100 children from kindergarten to Year 8. There are over 60 students in the Primary School in multilevel classes and there is capacity for growth.
Key skills and attributes include:
- Experience in and commitment to Steiner Education
- Proven Leadership capability
- Progressive and Strategic thinking
- Commitment to nurturing the mana of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage financial and physical resources
- Excellent communication and people skills to work with a committed team of teachers and an engaged parent community
- Ability to articulate and promote Steiner Education
- Awareness of school statutory obligations
Key responsibilities are:
- SPECIAL CHARACTER AND CULTURE: providing professional leadership that focuses the school culture on enhancing learning and teaching
- PEDAGOGY AND CURRICULUM: fostering a learning environment in which there is an expectation that all students will experience success as understood from the School’s Special Character
- SYSTEMS: developing and using management systems to support and enhance student learning and healthy school life.
- PARTNERSHIPS AND NETWORKS: strengthening relationship management and communication across the school community and with other Steiner School Principals to enhance student learning and wellbeing.
An application pack is available on our website (www.dunedinsteiner.nz), from email@example.com
or tel 03 471 2163
Closing date Monday 19 September 2022
Country Manager (CM) and Moderation Coordinator – New Zealand Steiner Education Development Trust
Steiner Education Development Trust is seeking a skilled professional with experience and expertise in people and organisational management within the Waldorf Education context. The successful applicant will ideally have experience in, or evidenced interest and knowledge of, Steiner/Waldorf senior high school and the New Zealand Certificate of Steiner Education.
The role is a work-from home position, initially offered as a 12-month contract with a load average of 1 day per week. This position would suit a professional/teacher/school leader who is semi-retired or looking to supplement other part-time work. There is scope for this role to grow in the future.
SEDT is a small, dynamic organisation that operates in a broad diversity of contexts. Although SEDT is based in New Zealand, SEDT co-workers and contractors are spread across the globe. This creates an exciting working environment within which each member must take initiative, and also continuously ensure that connectivity to the central impulse is maintained in all activities individually undertaken. The NZCSE is a formal qualification listed on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework and delivered offshore under a credit recognition and transfer process. The Country Manager and Moderation Coordinator serves as an important advocate and conduit between SEDT and schools and other key stakeholders in New Zealand.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Professional/formal qualification in a relevant field
- Evidenced strong reputational standing in their chosen field
- High-level verbal and written communication skills
- Strong capacity to network, build and maintain relationships
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Experience working within a Steiner/Waldorf Education context
- Excellent public speaking skills and confidence to do so to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated experience training adults/adult education/mentoring
- Familiarity with or experience in external moderation systems and practice through NCEA or similar
- Senior High school teaching background
- Working knowledge of the New Zealand education systems and regulatory framework
- Familiarity with the NZCSE
Please email, firstname.lastname@example.org for a full role description or further information.